SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) is a service platform where you can find all the analytical capabilities from planning to performing analysis to driving insights for your organization. Customers can enjoy the benefits of making data-driven decisions all from a single location. A very popular segment of SAC is Augmented Analytics. Garter defines Augmented Analytics as “a generation data and analytics paradigm that uses machine learning to automate data preparation, insight discovery and insight sharing for a broad range of business users, operational workers and citizen data scientists.”
Augmented Analytics will help the organizations spend less time on data prepossessing and exploration because they can give more time to using machine generated insights which can help them decide on what actions to take for the future. The Smart Features in SAC’s Augmented Analytics can help the Business Intelligence experts and Business Analytics to achieve more result by spending less time. They can get useful insights with just a click of a button. Leveraging machine learning algorithms will help the users get insights fasters and they can forecast the future result with minimal human interference. Augmented Analytics gave a new path to the Smart Analytics Journey by using Natural Language Processing and Predictive Analytics, and they can leverage both for predicting the future for decision making.
Scenarios in which augmented analytics can help reduce human efforts and give more results are:
- We can use the machine learning technology in SAP Analytics Cloud to help us in analytical process and give us insights in a faster and easier way. It will also automate the technology and give us a story which will help us to drive the business by avoiding any external biased decision.
- We can get instant explanations for any of our answers and easily visualize it. We can enhance that by giving relevant explanation with context and, for that, we don’t need to manually pivot the data. Data exploration is being taken care of by SAP Analytics Cloud which reduces human effort of slicing and dicing.
- We can easily find answers by leveraging Natural Language Processing where we can type the question and a relevant answer will be given in the form of a visualization. We can even use Machine Learning by training the current data for creating the model and use that model to predict the important trends with just a simple click.
- As we know, SAP Analytics Cloud can predict the important trend with a click by using the current data and performing Time Series forecasting for forecasting future results. In this way, we will be able to evaluate any of the risk that is going to happen in the future and take corrective measures for that.
- We can find the key influencers and how they are correlated with our data, and we can discover how different business factors influence performance.
- It helps us in leveraging the smart prediction feature, where the analysts will be able to train the models with the existing data and can apply the model to new data to predict future outcomes. We can then segment the customer base and can automate decision which will help the business analysts to have trusted predictions for positive business outcomes.
SAC has helped the business users derive complex insights before any issues arrive. With its cloud-based platform, it helps customers have seamless integrations for data visualization, planning and predictive capabilities.