SAP Nakisa Consultant
SLAN (SAP Lease Administration by Nakisa) is a JAVA application hosted on Tomcat Webserver. System Configuration in SLAN requires the fields to be mapped from SAP. Sync in SLAN from SAP refers to pulling out the data from SAP without having to do a manual configuration in SLAN. Fields such as Cost Centers, Cost Center Details, GL Accounts, GL Account Details, Exchange Rate etc. are generally synced as per the company codes directly from SAP
SLAN Integration with SAP
Sync Setting in SLAN from SAP:
Manager.html -> Settings -> SAP Sync Settings
Turn on the required settings and click on 'Save'. Go to the system sync click the 'Sync' button:
The system will then show that it is in sync with SAP:
When thousands of records are being synced from SAP into the SLAN module, the system may freeze up. This will hang up all the current processes in SLAN and the application will stop responding. The RFC traces will show the Details of the process in Sync, but not finishing.
Similar Problems can arise during the GL accounts and other settings as well.
Fixing the Problem
When the system hangs and a task is required to be killed, the following steps are required to be performed
- Open the Task Manager by logging in to the manager console of SLAN
- Manager.html → Settings → Task Manager Status:
- Click on the Queue name and click on 'tasks in Queue'. Select the ID from the tasks name:
- Go to the tasks folder on the Tomcat server and delete the folder with the same ID name. This will kill a running job:
- Restart the Tomcat Server and Queue Manager. The system will start working again and tasks will be killed.